July is a hot month and working in your yard is not a great adventure, even at 5 AM. The average temperature for this month is 105, but this year the summer is hot. We do have some days of monsoon rains, but the produce on average a .6 inches of rain.
Watering is a key to keeping your landscaping plants surviving through hot days:
- Water early or late in the day to prevent higher evaporation.
- Increase water amounts and application to provide a way for plants to have a cooling source and enough water for the heat of the day.
- Apply mulch around plants to prevent evaporation and provide a cooler for the roots.
- Hose off plants to prevent mites and add humidity to the plant.
- Lawn will need 1 inch of water per week to keep healthy and green.
- Water deeply as the temperatures rise.
View original post 285 more words