AMC Consolidated provides mulch playground covering. Our playground mulch is in local school districts and housing developments. This high quality product provides much need safety and aesthetics for any play area.
AMC Consolidated currently uses green Douglas fir, SPF-spruce pine fir, and some hardwoods to create its playground mulch. Placing mulch on your playground you want to ensure that you pay attention to shock absorption (ASTM F1229-09). This standard guideline is based on the material and maximum height that will not cause head injury.
When laying the mulch down consider the following for injury prevention:
- Where your children’s feet land
- Where your children’s feet leave the ground
- Climbing areas
- Monkey bars
These areas need to make sure that mulch is placed in these areas according to the ASTM F1229-09 i.e. 12″ depth. (please check guidelines for specific measurement.
When laying the mulch consider:
- Containing the playground area so the mulch is not tracked off
- Keep in mind that over time mulch will compress so more depth is needed when initial laid
- Maintain mulch depth for injury prevention
Playground mulch can bring a lot to your play area:
- Seed germination reduction
- Soil temperature regulation
- Assists with reduction of weeds
- Increases water absorption
- Improves soil nutrients and structure for plants
- Beautifies playgrounds with contrasting coloration
- Decomposing bark mulch does not use soil nitrates
Protecting your children and their play areas are a priority that should be taken serious and with the best quality products. When choosing the best material for your playground keep in mind that rubber ground covering materials can cause a reaction to those allergic to latex and an allergic reaction can develop due to exposure.
AMC Consolidated works for you, their customer. Please feel free to contact us regarding